Google’s Matt Cutts was asked: “Organic link building, according to me is one of the most difficult tasks for SEOs of SMEs. Can you please list 5 effective ways of organic link building other than building great content?”
Matt responds in this video and discusses some effective techniques for building links. Of course content is important, Matt also lists the following as good link builders:
- Controversy. Uncorking a good rant can get people to your site.
- Participating in the community and helping others. Answering people’s questions can leave a good impression.
- Original research is a good way to get links and visits.
- Newsletters make it easier for your visitors
- Hanging out on social media can pay out in lots of ways
- Lists are a weaker way of getting backlinks
- Get a blog and establish yourself as an authority
- How to guides and tutorials are another good way of getting visitors and maybe some backlinks
- Good site architecture is important, make sure your site can be crawled and linked to