If you’re a gamer, you’ve no doubt dreamt of seeing your favourite video game characters on the big screen.
FandomSpot recently conducted a poll on Twitter, asking gamers which video game they would like to see as a movie. The poll received over 1,000 votes, and it was a close tie between two games: the RPG classic The Legend of Zelda: Ocarina of Time and the first-person shooter Halo.
Interestingly, two games that were released in the past year – God of War and Red Dead Redemption 2 – also made it to the top 10 list.
So far, video games that have been turned into movies have had a divided past, with the 1993 Super Mario Bros and the long line of Resident Evil films. But that doesn’t mean we can’t hope for better things to come.
Whilst we agreed with many games on the list, especially Legend of Zelda which is our top pick too, we decided to compile a list of our own. Here are five video games that we think would make great movies:
- Assassin’s Creed – This action-adventure game franchise is perfect for a movie adaptation. It has a rich storyline and plenty of intense action scenes.
- Borderlands – This post-apocalyptic shooter is full of humour and over-the-top violence that would make for a great, campy popcorn flick.
- Call of Duty – This military shooter franchise is already pretty cinematic, so it wouldn’t be too much of a stretch to see it on the big screen.
- Final Fantasy – This classic RPG series is ripe for a movie adaptation, with its sweeping plotlines and colourful characters.
- God of War – This violent action game franchise would make for an intense, badass movie adaptation.
What video games would you like to see turned into movies? Let us know in the comments!